Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012


One of my favourite food ingredients is lemons, I love their zingy taste, and they help liven almost any dish. I start my day with a glass of hot water 2 slices of lemon, its cleansing effect is very beneficial to the kidneys & aids as a flush through. When I have a cold I add a spoonful of honey, & during the winter months a slice of root ginger along with the lemon is an additional tonic for the liver.
Recently I came across a brilliant recipe for a Microwave version of Lemon curd. Courtesy of a fellow Blogger Kirstin Bousing. At first I had my doubts, its so simple & very quick; however it proved to be a really great way to make this very useful conserve.

Method:

In a large Pyrex bowl whisk 3 eggs & 2 egg yolks, add 160g caster sugar, the rind of 1 lemon, 160ml lemon juice, 125g diced butter, microwave uncovered (7-10 minutes) 50% power, whisk every minute, meanwhile warm 2 jam jars to sterilize. When the Lemon curd has thickened pour it into the warm jars. Once the conserve is cold keep it in the fridge. I promise you once you have tried this method you’ll never make it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment