Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012


Carrying on the Lemon theme, I wanted to use up a few leftover goodies from this week. I decided to make this simple but yummy frozen dessert.

I used a 1 litre loaf tin, double lined it with Clingfilm making sure I had enough hanging over to fold over the top. I had some leftover Madeira cake, I sliced 3 1cm pieces & lined the base of the tin, I poured over some homemade Limoncello onto the sponge cake, you can of course use any liqueur you wish but I was looking for a lemon taste. I mixed 300ml of Mascarpone with 2 tablespoons of icing sugar in a bowl, you can use double cream whipped up with the icing sugar, but unfortunately I cannot get fresh double cream here in France. Please adjust the sweetness to your own preference. I added the juice of a lemon & its zest to keep the citrus theme going. Spread 2/3rd of the cream over the sponge, on top of this I spread a generous layer of Lemon curd (look at my last Blog for recipe). I had 2 meringue shells needing used up, so I crumbled them over the lemon curd. Finally top it all off with the remaining cream. Use a skewer to swirl through the mix then fold over the overlapping Clingfilm & place in the freezer for 24 hours.

To serve turn the tin out onto a plate about 10 minutes before eating, remove the Clingfilm spoon over any fruit you have available – Bon Appetite

No comments:

Post a Comment