Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

My new toy!


Thermomix




Thai green chicken curry

Creme Brulee



I recently became the proud owner of a Thermomix. As a self confessed foodie it was like winning the Lottery!  It arrived 2 weeks ago & as, I was in the throws of welcoming our first guests of 2012 it had to be kept in its box until I had a free day to read the instruction manual & properly begin to understand its workings. I set myself 2 days this week to play in the kitchen with my new toy, this was of course no hardship & I spent a very enjoyable time recreating dishes I love & experimenting with new ones with very satisfactory results. my husband has gained a few pounds as my number one guinea pig, but he has not been disappointed with anything I have made praise indeed!


We are both avid fans of spicy food so today I decided to make a Thai chicken curry with a creme brûlée as dessert. OMG where they delicious. To help folk who have never heard of Thermomix understand what I am raving about, it is nicknamed "the smallest kitchen" as it literally does the work of a processor, mixer, blender, juicer, steamer, sorbet ice maker, and so much more, but in seconds or minutes. it's expensive but a very worth while investment for any one who cooks a lot or is serious about food. I should be being paid for this plug, but to be honest I am so delighted with the results that I know I have made a wise purchase. I look forward to a summer of culinary fun which I am sure our clients will benefit from.

No comments:

Post a Comment