Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Quiche Lorraine


Hi all Angel Blogger here.

Its been an intensive cooking period for me with lots of courses coming soon. The hardest part for me is getting confirmation of everyone's dietary requirements, not an easy ask, but the last thing I need is someone turning up with a peculiar diet or allergy. Here in France it is very difficult to get vegetarian alternatives, & as for Vegan well that is really tricky. I have slowly developed a great vegetarian collection of recipes tried & tested, even slowly getting my head around gluten free recipes. When I am in full culinary flight I even dream about cooking, in fact a lot of my best ideas come when I am asleep!

Today is a Quiche Lorraine event & is a real French favourite, with my guests. I hope you like this old favourite too.

Serves 6

250g Packet of good quality shortcrust pastry, unroll immediately from the fridge & line a large loose bottom flan tin. Cover with greaseproof paper, I don't bother weighting it down with rice, dried beans etc. Pop into a moderate oven 350, about 20 minutes then remove paper & bake another 5 minutes. Sprinkle 200g grated cheese of choice over the base, then top with 2 sliced tomatoes, a grinding of black pepper, then sprinkle200g of bacon lardons (which you have previously cooked) on top, if vegetarian leave out. whisk 6 eggs in a bowl, then in a jug measure 1/4 litre cream & 1/4 litre milk, add to the eggs, 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, pour over the quiche, place back into the oven about 25-30 minutes till set. This quiche freezes well & is great for picnics or serve warm for a quick easy lunch with salad on the side. Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment