Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011


I love cooking & that is why it is my pleasure to do this Blog.

My philosophy in the kitchen is, keep it simple but tasty. I appreciate cooking is not everyone’s thing, but it is something that can grow on you, relax remember it isn’t the end of the world if it doesn’t work out, just try again. I love a bit of music going on so I can be found singing while stirring. I do strongly believe you have to cook with love; it is without doubt the magic ingredient.

How many times have you cooked a meal with little or no enthusiasm, but purely through necessity? I think its better when you really can’t be bothered or just too tired, to raid the freezer or get a take away.

So in keeping with the simple theme, I have done a very easy quick dessert, always a good stand by & always popular ETON MESS

Students from Eton College were said to of created this.

Serves 4. http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001723.html This link is for weight conversion.

500ml Crème Fraiche

Small Punnet of strawberries

2 meringue nests

Sugar to taste.

To a large bowl add the crème fraiche or if you prefer double cream & whip till thick. Add a dash of sugar to taste. Slice the strawberries, reserve 4 whole for decoration. Add the fruit to the cream & gently fold in. Break the meringues into small pieces add to the bowl. Fold into the cream. Spoon into 4 large wine glasses, top with a strawberry & a mint leaf. Place in the fridge to chill. VARIATIONS : sliced bananas, add a liqueur of choice to the sliced strawberries let them marinate in the alcohol for an hour, add to the crème. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment